1. Education Aims
To cultivate high-quality engineering and technical talents with solid basic theoretical and professional knowledge and good practical skills in surveying and mapping geographic information, with higher ability to design, manage and organize surveying and mapping projects, and with ability to solve complex engineering problems by using mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences, modern surveying and mapping methods.
The students will grasp basic knowledge of humanities and social sciences, receive scientific thinking training, possess international perspective, innovative thinking, entrepreneurial awareness and continuous learning ability, and have the ability to engage in surveying and mapping production, technology development, scientific research, operation and management in the fields of basic surveying and mapping, geographic situation monitoring, satellite positioning navigation and location services, geographic information system development and application, mineral resources development and protection, urban planning and engineering construction, etc.
Graduates are expected to achieve the following goals in about 5 years after graduation:
(1) Profession/Knowledge/Ability: Having a deep understanding in basic knowledge and professional theories; able to solve complex engineering technical problems while taking into account social, health, safety, legal, cultural, and environmental factors.
(2) Research ability: Able to solve complex engineering problems in the field of surveying and mapping engineering by integrating natural sciences, mathematics, information science and professional knowledge; able to undertake geodetic data processing, geographic information system application and research; able to make some innovations.
(3) Engineering ability: Able to design, organize, manage and implement surveying and mapping projects; able to undertake engineering analysis, scheme design and complex problem solving; becoming qualified engineers and professional technical directors in the fields of surveying and mapping.
(4) Management and decision-making: Having strong organizational ability, management ability, decision-making ability, adaptability and teamwork spirit; keeping track of the latest development in surveying and mapping engineering.
(5) Professional quality: Having high professional quality and personal cultivation; familiar with national policies and regulations related to surveying and mapping geographic information industry; conforming with professional ethics and norms in engineering practices.
(6) International perspective: Able to understand and track the frontier knowledge of disciplines in time; having international perspectives and the ability for interdisciplinary, cross-field communication and mutual cooperation; having the quality of autonomous learning and lifelong learning.
2. Main courses
Introduction to Surveying and Mapping, Surveying, Cartography, Basic Survey Adjustment, The Base of Geodetic Surveying, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing Principles and Applications, Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information System, Principles and Applications of GNSS, GIS Engineering Practices, Digital Mapping, Remote Sensing Digital Image Processing , etc.
3. Employment fields
The students can apply for a position in such fields as surveying and mapping, geographic information processing, planning, land and resources, construction industry, water conservancy, electricity, mining, etc.
Consultant: Dr. Xu